Set in the delightful setting of the mighty Himalayas in Nepal – at 4816 feet, pristine air and absolutely stunning views of the Annapurna-Macchapuchre-Dhaulagiri mountain ranges is Music+ The Himalayas.
In the company of great musicians, Yogis, and Divine Souls we are thrilled to share.
Music+ is offering another music and yoga retreat in the far-reaching Himalayan range, which spreads into thousands of miles, and holds within it an exceptionally diverse ecology!
Following the resounding success of a music intensive retreat in 2018, the Music+ team are ready for an even greater nourishing and deeply transformative experience deep in the Himalayan kingdom of Nepal.
And, 2023 brings a unique combination of Vocal Music, Yogasana and Ayurveda. The greatest combination of elements that could happen to your chanting instrument – Your Voice.
Our focus for 7 glorious days and nights of fun-filled musical activity includes:
– Learning to discover and explore our voice and its possibilities under a nurturing and supportive guidance
– Yogasanas & Pranayama – to accomplish the ideal balance of Mind, Body, and Soul
– Understanding and living experience of the practical wisdom and healing principles of Ayurveda for your wellness as a vocalist.
– Establishing a well-defined curriculum for practice and workouts to create your ideal vocal health
– Cosmic sound activations – Sa Re Ga Ma PaDha and Ni – the seven primary notes of Indian Music.
– Nāda Yoga – meditation through sound for Toning of the voice.
– Working through vocal movements of Indian Music – Gamaks, Tāns Alankārs to improve flexibility of the singing voice.
– Basic study of Indian Classical Music and Rāga Music
– Mantra Chanting and Kīrtan Singing
– Exploring the soundscapes of the Rāgas and their correlation to the physical elements of nature
– Singing morning Rāgas with the rising sun over the snow crest peaks and singing the night melodies along with the humming of crickets in the forest
– Excursion Trips – Pashupatinath Temple, Kathmandu– The ancient world famous temple of Lord Śiva dating back to 400 B.C, Durbar Square and Boudhanath – The Buddhist Stupa which dates back to the fifth century.
– Village Treks near the Annapurna-Dhaulagiri ranges and nature walks in the village of Ashtam near Pokhara. Enjoying indigenous folk music.
We welcome you onboard if you are:
– A vocalist seeking to dive deep into the nuances and know-hows of Hindustani Vocal music
– A Raga/Music enthusiast who wants to understand and know more about the vast and juicy world of the Indian Ragas
– A sound healer/practitioner who wants to soak-in into and incorporate the therapeutic sounds inherent in Indian Classical music
– A Yoga Teacher/Therapist wanting to supplement your practices with the ancient Indian metaphysical system of Nāda Yoga – The Yoga of Sound
– A Kīrtan Artist/Singer/stage performer who wishes to become technically sound and soulfully connected with the Music
– A seeker/traveler willing to discover and re-discover your voice and ‘yourself’.